Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The train, the train! Someone stop the train!


I am THRILLED to offer this to one of you! It's a train show in The New York Botanical Garden!!! Here, read for yourself.

Experience the magic of New York City dressed to the nines for the holidays. The New York Botanical Garden's Annual Holiday Train Show has become a cherished seasonal tradition for families not just in New York, but across the country. Marvel as G-scale model trains puff along a half-mile of track in and around the 140 landmark buildings constructed entirely of natural materials: nuts, tree bark, fruits, pinecones, and leaves, housed within the warmth of the historic Enid A. Haupt Conservatory.

Called "one of New York City's best holiday gifts to itself," and a chance to "See the city anew," by the New York Times, the Holiday Train Show is a winter wonderland full of twinkling lights and the sights and sounds of New York City at its best.

A visit to the Holiday Train Show is an entire day of fun. Sip a hot chocolate or grab a bite to eat at one of our Cafes, decorate gingersnaps, visit with Thomas the Tank Engine™ (January 1-9, 2011), and stroll through the 250 acres of the Garden's grounds, spectacularly decorated for the show. Still have some names on your holiday list? Find just the right gifts at Shop in the Garden.

Thomas the Tank Engine™ Visits

Saturday, January 1–Sunday, January 9, 2011;

Weekdays 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.

Weekends 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m.

The classic childhood friend is back! Mark the dates to come photograph your child with Thomas the Tank Engine™. Become certified as an honorary engineer, and take home Thomas & Friends™ coloring sheets, stickers, and temporary tattoos, while supplies last.

I will give you a FAMILY OF FOUR pack!!! Leave a comment below, and I will have Mr. Random pick a winner on Friday morning!!! Tweet about it, and you will have two entries! Pay my rent for a month and they are yours hands DOWN.




5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh!! I live a quick train ride from NYC and have two of the most adorable nephews ever who LOVE Thomas! Do you have an email where I can send you a picture? They would love to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two little boys that would just die to see Thomas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I live in Brooklyn and would love to take my daughter to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please? My son has just discovered Thomas, and my daughter is already a big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This would be a fun gift for my SIL and their two kids who live in Queens. My SIL has been unemployed for a year, and I'm sure a treat like this is not something they get to do.

    ReplyDelete